Principal Physiotherapist – APA Member
Maxillofacial physiotherapist from the University of Montpellier (France)
Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
Accredited and Registered Practitioner on the National Lymphoedema Practitioners Register (NLPR) of the Australian Lymphology Association (ALA)
Member of the Global Postural Re-education Network (network of postural and musculoskeletal physiotherapists present in several countries in the world)
- European Diploma of Physiotherapy
Areas of expertise:
- Sports Physiotherapy and Performance
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Necks, shoulders, hands, backs, hips, knees, feet
- Postural disorders: scoliosis, knee valgus & varus, flat foot, rolled shoulders, hyperkyphosis, hyperlordosis
- Post-operative orthopaedics
- Maxillofacial physiotherapy: head surgery, jaw pain, facial paralysis, orthognathic surgery
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Post-Breast Surgery Rehabilitation
- Women’s health (pelvic pain)
Katia is Practice Principal of Be Well Physiotherapy. She gratuated with a European Diploma of Physiotherapy with distinction in 2007. Following post graduate studies in Global Postural Re-education (Musculoskeletal) and in Maxillofacial physiotherapy, she was awarded the titles of GPR therapist and Maxillofacial physiotherapist in 2008 and in 2011.
GPR is one of the leading method to assess and to treat postural and musculoskeletal disorders in France and in all the southern part of Europe. GPR is also present in the American continent, and is progressively recognised as one of the most effective method.
Katia also is passioniate in lymphoedema management and was trained in France (Paris), Belgium and now, in Australia (Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital). Katia’s studies shows her passion and love of her physiotherapy profession. She has developed a holistic and patient-centred approach and considers that every individual is essentially distinct from the other and must be treated in his oneness. She is willing to provide each client with dedicated and individualised treatments. She always takes into account that any pathology demonstrates itself with infinity of differences in all of us and consequently, she considers important to continue to learn in order to improve physiotherapy practice and patient’s wellbeing.
Katia commenced her physiotherapy career in Paris in 2007. She worked within a multidisciplinary team in a private practice. After gaining her qualification in Global Postural Re-education, she established a practice with the help of her husband, Stéphane, in 2008 close to Place de la Nation in Paris. The practice was successful and then another clinic was opened close to Place de la Bastille in Paris in 2011. During this period in Paris, Katia provided more than 20 000 physiotherapy treatments and worked with hospitals,surgeons, general practioners, medical specialists from all Paris area. Also, She was referred by the main experts in maxillofacial surgery of the Pitié Salpétrière hospital in Paris. She was particularly renowned for her competency to treat all back and postural disorders, notably sport professionals, dancers and other various artists of the French capital.
Katia believes that people can grow by looking at different environments and experiences. She moved with her family to share experiences in Australia.
She worked as physiotherapist for Queensland Health, where she had the opportunity to provide care to patients in the Gold Coast Community.
She kept improving her knowledge in postural physiotherapy :
- Advanced training in GPR applied to articular dysfunction (2009)
- Advanced training in GPR applied to cervical pathologies : management of cervical spine and TMJ (2009)
- Advanced training in GPR applied to craneocervical disorders through oculomotor correction (2010)
- Advanced training in GPR applied to scoliosis (2010)
- Advanced training in GPR applied to neuromuscular learning (2013)
- Advanced training in GPR applied to women's health: Pre and Post-Natal Preparation (2013)
Katia is also trained in :
- Stretching Global Active (SGA): Support for improving sports performance, injury prevention and recovery
- Manual Therapy of the Spine
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation